We have been back in the hospital for the past day, or actually, Chris and Tsunami have been back in the hospital. Jupiter and I have gone home to try to sleep with varying success. Tsunami was a little jaundiced when we left the hospital the other day, but his levels were not high enough to worry about.
Yesterday was his first appointment at the pediatrician where the doctor took his bilirubin level again and it was going up. He recommended that we put him under a light until the level gets below 15. We had hoped that it would be down by last night, but after his most recent test this morning it was still at 16.
We are not too worried about it. Jupiter was much more jaundiced than this when he was in the NICU after he was born. But here we are, waiting, not getting much rest. Hopefully we will get out sometime today.
Update: We have just been told that we can go home and will have to come in for another blood draw tomorrow morning. Yay!